Mostlty Mozart Festival 2012
Jun 28, 2012
to Aug 25, 2012 Buy! Official Site
This year's Mostly Mozart Festival runs from July 28 - August 25, 2012. Spanning seven venues, the Festival will offer more than 37 events including concerts, dance, visual art, film, pre-concert recitals, late-night performances, lectures, and bird-watching tours through Central Park, a special accompaniment to this summer’s birdsong theme.
This year's highlights include:
• Mostly Mozart Celebrates Louis Langrée’s 10 Years as Music Director with Nine Concerts by the Festival Orchestra including a FREE Preview on July 28
• Seven-Part Exploration of the Influence of Birdsong and Birds Includes:
- Three concerts by artists-in-residence ICE performing Messiaen with thematic premieres by Jonathan Harvey, Suzanne Farrin, Patricia Alessandrini, Marcos Balter, and Luca Francesconi;
- Pre-concert bird-watching tours through Central Park led by New York City Audubon;
- Winged Migration, the 2001 Academy Award-nominated documentary;
- US premiere of The Murder of Crows, a sound installation by Janet Cardiff and George Bures Miller, presented by Park Avenue Armory
• Mark Morris Dance Group Returns with Mark Morris Conducting His Dido and Aeneas Featuring Mezzo-Soprano Stephanie Blythe
• A 12-Part Focus on the Music of Franz Schubert
• Seven Premieres including the World Premiere of Patricia Alessandrini’s Homage to Berio, the US premiere of Matan Porat’s Whaam!, and the NY Premiere of Pianist Stephen Hough’s Sonata for Piano (broken branches)
• 15 Mostly Mozart Festival Debuts including Pianist Rudolf
For more information click here
Author: Lincoln Center
for the Performing Arts, Inc.
140 West 65th Street
New York, NY 10023
All events and times are subject to change.