Governor Cuomo just announcing that sports and sntertainment svents in major stadiums and arenas can reopen with limited spectators starting February 23. The Governor citing the success of the Buffalo Bills pilot program as a model. Facilities will be required to follow similar operational guidelines in order to re-open.
Barclays Center is already approved to reopen on February 23 for Brooklyn Nets home game against the Sacramento Kings. Success of the new initiative could lead to the future reopenings of smaller venues, including Broadway.
Here are the guidelines:
- Obtain DOH approval for both venues and events
- Institute a 10 percent capacity limit in arenas and stadiums
- Ensure all staff and spectators receive a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of the event
- Mandate face coverings, social distancing and temperature checks for all those in attendance
- Mandate assigned, socially distanced seating
- Collect contact information from all those in attendance to help inform contact tracing efforts
- Meet enhanced air filtration, ventilation and purification standards
- Ensure retail, food services and athletic activities abide by all state-issued guidance
For more details click here
CUOMO MOVES UP NYC INDOOR DINING TO FRIDAY BEFORE VALENTINE'S DAY