Photos: Divya's Kitchen
Divya Alter, educator, chef, and founder of Divya’s Kitchen, the popular ayurvedic restaurant in the East Village, is now offering classes centered on Ayurvedic Cooking which is guided by Ayurvedic principles (an ancient system of healing that shows how to sustain health and correct imbalances).
Getting Started with Ayurvedic Cooking ($149)
Date: Wednesday January 25th 6:00-9:00 pm ET
Join this in-person, hands-on class to rekindle your love for cooking and experience how food can improve your health. In this class, you will learn guidelines on how to:
- Determine your body-mind constitution and type of digestion
- Select the foods that are most balancing for you
- Winter-Balancing Khichari (gluten free, vegan option): A famous one-pot, complete protein dish that helps you reset your body
- Cilantro Chutney (vegan, gluten free): A bright green and palatable sauce that helps improve any type of indigestion
- Rejuvenating Date-Almond Balls (vegan, gluten free): A simple, sugar-free dessert
- Ayurvedic Chai (vegan, gluten free): Perfect for creating more warmth and calmness in your body and mind.
Photo: Divya Alter
Winter Breakfast Recipes ($149)
Date: Wednesday February 1st 6:00-9:00 pm ET
12 West 12th Street, New York, NY 10011
If you’re looking for quick and nourishing breakfasts that go beyond toast, yogurt or eggs, this class is for you. You will learn about:
- The Ayurvedic clock and how to eat with your circadian rhythm
- How to determine the quantity of breakfast to eat
- Morning rituals that help you start your day with energy and a good appetite
- How to prepare six delicious breakfast recipes for the cold winter season, including:
Apple Pre-Breakfast (vegan, gluten free): An easy, comforting, and effective way to wake up your digestive system on any morning of the year.
Sweet Potato Smoothie (vegan, gluten free): A warm, grounding smoothie that satiates your body and mind during the cold season.
Iron Smoothie (vegan, gluten free): An energy-boosting smoothie made from soaked dried fruits and raw nuts that leaves you feeling nourished.
Ayurvedic Oatmeal (vegan, gluten free): Cinnamon, cardamom and saffron take this oatmeal to the next level.
For more information, visit bvtlife.com