THE 87th ANNIVERSARY MACY’S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE RETURNS TO KICK-OFF THE HOLIDAYS WITH ITS GIANT HELIUM BALLOONS, FLOATS OF FANCY, MARCHING BANDS, CELEBRITIES, PERFORMANCE GROUPS AND THE ONE-AND-ONLY SANTA CLAUS
From giant characters helium balloons including Paul Frank’s iconic monkey Julius and Sonic the Hedgehog, to out-of–this world floats including ZHU-NIVERSE! and Frozen Fall Fun, the magic begins at the sound of Let’s Have A Parade! This iconic phrase has catapulted gaggles of clowns, exciting performance groups, pulse-pounding marching bands, celebrities and the one-and-only Santa Claus down the streets of Manhattan for 87 years of unrivaled wonder.
- A new Snoopy balloon with his pal Woodstock made an appearance, marking the seventh version since the parade began.
- Toothless, the star of Dreamworks' "How to Train Your Dragon" joined the incredible lineup of giant helium-filled balloons.
- SeaWorld’s “A Sea of Surprises” float made its debut.
- The Minions of "Despicable Me 2" could be found aboard a 33-foot long bake shop-themed float featuring 3-1/2 foot tall cupcakes.
- A 47-foot hot air balloon honoring the 75th Anniversary of The Wizard of Oz darned the parade route along with Dorothy and other characters from the classic film.
The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will step-off at 77th Street and Central Park West. The procession will travel down to Columbus Circle, turn onto Central Park South and march down a new path via 6th Avenue/Avenue of the Americas to 34th Street. At 34th Street, the Parade will make its final turn west and end at 7th Avenue in front of Macy’s Herald Square. This incredible cavalcade will make its way down 6th Avenue, a broader, more accessible path that marks only the seventh time the Parade has changed its route.
The parade will begin promptly at 9 a.m. and end at noon. A Holiday Treat for Children Everywhere, the motto of the Macy’s parade has stood for 86 years and will continue to usher in the season of joy for years to come.
More information on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is available to the general public at www.macys.com/parade or via the Parade Hotline at (212) 494-4495
To view the balloons being filled with helium click here
To find a hotel near the parade route click here
[This page will continue to be updated as more information becomes available. Check back soon!]
All events and times are subject to change.