From the folks who brought you Dekalb Market and Mad. Sq. Eats comes Urbanspace Meatpacking Shopping and Dining. On the shopping side, look for local artisans and designers, including:
- Humble Chic, an online boutique, offering everything from dresses to swimwear and accessories.
- Rifle + Radford is a maker of heritage jewelry featuring natural stones such as rubies, torquoise and amethyst.
- Insiders 1 is a maker of funky leather handbags, wallets and accessories featuring prints from around the world, including Brooklyn, where all the bags are made.
- Milly & Earl, based in Williamsburg, offers distinctive jewelry like a knot ring, for those looking to tie the knot, along with lots of accessories.
- Paste offers a wide assortment of graphic tees, designed by artist Jason Lauritus, sporting everything from a jet-packing pig to ninja robots.
In all, there are dozens of designers shops to choose from. And when you need a break, check out some of the gourmet eats, including Roberta's Pizza, Red Hook Lobster Pound, Momofuku Milk Bar, Little Muenster, Mexicue and Hot Blondies.