Photo: Sami & Susi
Sami & Susu – the Mediterranean restaurant from co-owners Amir Nathan and executive chef Jordan Anderson – are hosting chef Spencer Bennett of Chez Ma Tante and Contra.
Operating out of natural wine bar Ten Bells in the Lower East Side, Sami & Susu will be hosting chef Spencer as a guest chef for two weeks with two special menus, one for delivery throughout the city and one for heated outdoor dining. Chef Spencer's limited-time menus incorporate the cajun flavors from his childhood, and include dishes like:
• Chicken Boudin Hand Pie with dirty rice and pepper jelly
• Etouffee Dip with Creole trinity and labneh
• Grillades & Grits with red wine braised short ribs
• French Onion Salad with little gem, creamy onions and crispy shallots
• "Louisiana Lobster Roll" Pita with crawfish salad, aioli and pickled shallots
Delivery is available Wednesday - Sunday in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, and orders must be placed one day in advance by 7pm via the website. Reservations are available here.
Sami & Susu - 247 Broome St, New York, NY (908) 605-0826 Menu